There is one issue that keeps raising it’s ugly little head when I talk to small business owners who have just started using social media or who are still debating taking the plunge…
“I don’t know to talk about!”
“What would people be interested in hearing?”
I was the business topics speaker at Athena Abingdon earlier this week and in my Social Media talk comparing Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn I gave some suggestions on what to post on a Facebook Business Page. Afterwards Penny Stephens told me those were really helpful to her so I have expanded on it here to help you too…
1. Breaking company news, tell everyone what is going on, maybe you have:
– a new member of staff
– won a new business contract
– new premises you are moving to
– a new product or service launching soon
2. Meet the Team! Post photos and videos of you and your staff, let people learn more about you. It builds trust and breaks down barriers
3. Photos of your office, workshop or warehouse so visitors know what to expect when they come for a meeting
4. Photos and videos of your products in action or being created
5. Events you are involved with…maybe you are exhibiting at an Exhibition or a public speaker at a conference or attending your networking groups. Let everyone know where they can find you!
6. Run a competition to tempt people over to LIKE your page
7. Give away a free e-book as a thank you to everyone who LIKES your page or helps you by answering some questions
8. Create monthly offers and special discounts for your Facebook Fans
9. Share the latest industry updates, changes taking place that will affect your customers or new legislation
10. Share articles of interest from around the internet
11. Create short videos of hints and tips to share your expertise and advice. Social Media is about helping others and giving them a reason to share your content
12. Link to your blog (if you have one!), this will definitely be on my Facebook Page
13. Ask people to sign up to your mailing list to receive your newsletter…you can sign up to mine here!
14. Conduct Market Research amongst your Fans
15. Be proud of your client testimonials, you provide a great service or useful product, share the praise for all to see!
Now there is one less excuse for not having a Facebook Page! Plan it in advance, use it to engage with your customers and potential new customers and keep it fresh and interesting.
Good luck and get posting!